Thursday 28 February 2013

Government not selective in giving out BR1M

BR1M-ming with delight: Recipients collecting their BR1M vouchers at the Dewan Cempaka Sari in Putrajaya. More than 3,500 received the RM500 aid.
BR1M-ming with delight: Recipients collecting their BR1M vouchers at the Dewan Cempaka Sari in Putrajaya. More than 3,500 received the RM500 aid.
 
PUTRAJAYA: The Government is not selective in giving out the 1Malaysia people's aid (BR1M), said Putrajaya MP Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.

“Barisan Nasional has not been selective (in helping the people). We pray BR1M will continue because the Government cares and looks out for the people,” he said in his speech at an event that brought festive cheer to 3,500 underprivileged people here who each received the RM500 aid yesterday.

He advised voters to make the right choice in the coming general election “in the interest of the nation's future”.
“It is up to the rakyat. If you support Najib (referring to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak), then you must support the party he leads,” added Tengku Adnan, who is also Barisan and Umno secretary-general.


At a press conference later, he expressed his confidence that the people of Putrajaya were happy to receive the BR1M aid, which he said was issued with the sole purpose of helping the people.

On claims posted on blogs that he would defend his Parliamentary seat, Tengku Adnan said: “My fate is in God's hands. I have said before, if I am again chosen as a candidate, I will ask Najib to support me.

“The Prime Minister introduced me recently as Putrajaya MP at the SAS (Sekolah Sultan Alam Shah), so I stood up. That wasn't a campaign (for me).

“I leave (my candidacy) to the Prime Minister and I leave it to God,” he said.

Several blogs had speculated Tengku Adnan was likely to defend his seat when Najib mentioned him as the Putrajaya MP during a recent speech at the school's golden jubilee dinner.

(Source: The Star Online)

No comments:

Post a Comment