Friday 1 March 2013

Engagement

I have said many times before that the era of “government knows best” is over, but I think it’s worth repeating. Ultimately, it is the rakyat who know best what they want and need, which is why I want to connect as much as possible with all of you – listening to your ideas, taking on board your views and acting on your opinions. It is an obvious point perhaps but democracy is not just about elections, it is about addressing the needs of the people in between elections – and that means getting unfiltered, first-hand information through meetings, visits and social media about the things you really care about.

I have been humbled by the support shown by the rakyat during my travels around the country - whether to Batu Caves and Brickfields, to Chinatown, or to the interiors of Sabah and Sarawak. I have tried hard to translate your insights and opinions into programmes and policies that help to pave the way for a prosperous, harmonious and truly equitable Malaysia – and I will continue to value your input in achieving this worthy goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment