Saturday 11 May 2013

GE13: Najib vows to be PM for all Malaysians

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has promised to be a Prime Minister for all Malaysians, regardless of race, religion, state or political views.

“I love my country and I'm proud of how far we have progressed. And I know that by working together as one nation, our best days are still to come,” he said in the latest entry on his blog www.1Malaysia.com.my.

In the entry titled “Thank You”, the Prime Minister promised that the Barisan Nasional Government would make efforts to ensure any form of extremism and racism would be tackled.

“We will continue to promote moderation among multiracial Malaysians and place great importance on racial harmony and national unity.”

Najib, who is the national coalition chairman, also thanked the voters and everyone who had placed their trust in Barisan to continue governing the country.

In the 13th general election last Sunday, Barisan retained power by securing a simple majority of 133 out of the 222 parliamentary seats.

Najib said he had had the privilege of serving the people for most of his career.

“I remember the first time I was elected MP, the first time I spoke in Parliament, the first time I took responsibility for a government department.

“Over the last few years, I have had the privilege of serving our country as Prime Minister. But the biggest privilege of all is that you have now given me the chance to finish what I started,” he said.

Najib also admitted the recent general election had been a long and hard-fought battle.

“There have been a lot of strong views and different ideas over the last few weeks. There has been passion and sometimes even anger.

“We have just been through the biggest, most competitive exercise in democracy our country has ever seen.

“In every kampung, town and city, people have been debating, campaigning, and voting for the future of our nation,” he said, adding that now was the time to move towards national reconciliation. - Bernama

(Source: The Star Online Read the blog here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment